Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Granola










Dissolve the following in a saucepan (do not boil):
1 1/2 C Water
1/2 c Sucanat (any sweetener would work I'm sure)
1 C Olive Oil
1/2 C Honey
1/2 C Molasses
2 T Cinnamon
2 T Vanilla
Almond flavoring

Pour the above mixture over the following:
10 C Oats
1 C Wheat germ
3 C unsweetened shredded Coconut
2 C Sunflower seeds
1 C Sesame Seeds

Bake in oven for 45 min at 300 degrees. Stir every 15 minutes
Let granola sit out on pan until firm and crunchy. Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

JaNae said...

This recipe comes from my dear friend Cindy Strong who will hopefully be joining us on this blog.

I baked this longer than the 45 minutes because it was still so moist. But I discovered that it dries if you just let it sit a bit after baking. It is a yummy recipe. Although I will probably go lighter on the cinnamon next time.

Kris said...

The granola is yummy. I didn't have molasses so I used honey for the substitute. It turned out delicious...maybe a little sweeter than necessary.
Thanks for the recipe